Apr 14, 2008

Take my binkie, please

Strange and funny moments in Tripletland . . .


So, the other day Jerry had a baby in his lap. Which one? Sira, most likely. And yes, I still call them The Babies. Diapers, binkies, wiggles, goo-goo, shuffling zombie waddles--that's all baby. Anyway, I came over to give the baby a binkie and I tried to insert the smelly thing into Jerry's mouth. Now we've both done this before, either in jest or momentary confusion, but this time not only did I try shoving it into his mouth, but I kept trying even after he turned his head and flapped his arms at me. I really thought for more than just a moment that I was trying to get Jerry to latch on and couldn't figure out why he wouldn't. What a weird feeling when I finally figured out my mistake . . .

Then last night. Tsega decided he would either scream in his crib or sleep with Jerry and me. So he slept with Jerry and me. I woke up about 2 o'clock in the morning and baby T was sitting up in bed next to me, pressing his index fingers together, and humming (did I mention it was 2 a.m.?). Itsy-Bitsy Spider. He can't quite hold a tune yet, but I know what the hum with the finger motions mean. Itsy-Bitsy Spider?! Now? Go to sleep! At least he wasn't doing his American Idol bringing-it-home high pitch screech, for which he is famous.

1 comment:

M and M said...

The binkie shoving story had me roflmao! I can just picture the scene and Jerry's flapping arms!
`Meghan