Sep 19, 2010

We're here

The loudest family on the block settled into their new DC home. Our volume penetrates this kind and gentle neighborhood. These country people stand out. Who brings hound dogs to the city? The boys are in school, pre K, 5 days a week, all day until 3:15, integrated into a big kid public school. What. Your kids are in a local public DC school, oh God, they make movies about these very schools, yet they are singing and talking more than ever. There is not one single white kid in school (preschool - 8th grade), some Hispanics, a little bit of Ethiopians, and the rest AA which reflects our immediate neighbourhood.

The boys' charm is catching. Some older girls were calling Corbin Bleu one morning as I dropped them off. Dork, I had to goggle him. Very hot.

Despite bad insect bites - I mean, what are those things biting me - $70 in parking tickets, yeah, forget the car, sunburns, heat and dripping humidity, horrible triplet moments, and rare nastiness, we have experienced incredible kindness from our community and the district. DC is laid back, full of color, kind, happy, with beautiful people and endless rockin AA hair.

Readers, bare with me. I'm still living off a smart phone -ewww she's gone mobile - but soon this site will back and running and full of detail antics and gorgeous. I miss you ...

17 comments:

Christina said...

Hurray for an update! Glad you're getting settled in. Can't wait for more updates!

Deirdre said...

So happy for you all! I love, love, love DC (went to school there), and I imagine it would be a great place to be with kids. Free museums!! Have a fantastic time, and update often.

jayme said...

We miss you too! Glad to hear you're settling in, and can't wait to hear more!

Robynhood said...

Thanks for the update. I have missed your posts... Looking forward to more :)

Paula said...

My 16 and 19 year old daughters are quite fond of Corbin Bleu... definitely a compliment. Glad to see you are settled and can't wait to hear what the boys are up to.

Karin said...

Glad you're back on-line. I can't wait to hear more about living with your gorgeous boys in the city.

Cindy said...

I cannot wait to hear all about it! Should be a hell of a year!

The Stephensons said...

Thanks for the update!

M and M said...

the missing is mutual!

Rachel said...

Love it!!!!

The Lost Planetista said...

Oh cool! Glad you are lovin' D.C! It's a fun city!

rebekah said...

Yay! Was just wondering about it all... can't wait to hear more.

Jennifer said...

I kept you in my favorites and religiously checked. Glad to see a post, and I can't wait for more posts and pics. I need your posts to help pass the time until my referral. ;-)

FrogMom said...

Yay! Missed you!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are making DC your home!

Mama Papaya said...

Miss you too. Hoping you all are enjoying and adjusting.

4dogmomma said...

So - ah clearly - I need to visit Tripletland more often. I can't imagine you anywhere but in a field in Kansas. I literally teared up reading about Clementine. I am so sorry and my heart goes out to Louie. What a great experience for your all! Maybe we can meet up next time we're up in DC! (I grew up in Maryland and we're up there every now and then). Peace.