Apr 30, 2009

Just Spring



When I see the first turkey vultures in March, this means the bald eagles have moved on and winter is in its final stage. The seasons in Kansas enter like a hard theatrical curtain crashing down. And before I feel it coming on, the vegetation has already begun its response. Spring: the air is wet, the grass doesn't hurt my bare feet anymore, the wind drives me crazy and thunderheads promise excitement. Spring baby, at last. Bring on the bugs, colors, fat landscape and long days outside. Yes, even the bugs because a night sky full of lightening bugs is worth all the chigger, tick, and mosquito bites I will suffer from (and my blood is the sweetest around). Nature, warm and accessible makes three happier boys.






5 comments:

ts said...

How did you build the raised beds? Are they on concrete blocks? The boys are super cute as always!

Anonymous said...

There is something to be said about being just allowed to chill in the dirt.

Bek said...

I haven't checked in for awhile.. and WOWZA.. they have grown so much!!!! I can't belive it.

I love seeing them b/c they are the same age as my Norah.... hope you are getting the help you need! (I need to go back and read the back posts..how did the speech stuff go??)

Cindy said...

Correction on the raised beds: the raised beds were made with Hardiboard cement tile backer board not drywall (which would have collapsed within 26 seconds).

Sorry :)

sawheeler said...

Ya gotta love spring and playing in the dirt!