Jun 3, 2008

Breaking Away



Trouble, oh trouble in Tripletland. Two weekends ago I tucked in Bereket, Sira, and Tsega for a nice long afternoon slumber. Ohhh, should I sleep, clean, read, daydream under a walnut tree? Re-energize, re-organize, these are my moments to do things I cannot do while on duty. Hmmm, wait. . . not hearing the usual sounds of mattresses springing up and down, or cribs rattling; not hearing the usual chirping back n forth. Something is up. . . loud weird misplaced thumps. *Creak* I open the door a slit and my mind can't wrap around what I'm seeing. Three big babies milling around the floor (the floor??), drawers and their objects pulled to the ground. The floor, really??? Ohhhhh nooooo, they have discovered crib hopping and all at the same time (do they have to do everything together?)! I'm not prepared, I have no solutions, I cling to my containment hours, I will not give them up yet. And judging by the above photos, how long before they hop the fence?


No, Tsega is not this tall, hmmmm. . . .

*Update 1* I wrote this last week then filed it away and no more crib hopping. The boys were staying in our room while we entertained guests for a week and perhaps the novelty of exploring uncharted drawers and closets was too rich to ignore. In their nursery there is nothing to do except jump up and down on crib mattresses so perhaps containment has not fled so soon?

*Update 2* NO! I was wrong. It's back. And a certain Mr T now dives from his crib into his neighbor's crib. Not good for a tired parent or a sleepy baby (especially when bigger baby tortures sleepy baby).

No, no, crib tents would never hold these guys. They would figure out the zippers or rip their way through the mesh. I know, I know, this is not a real problem. Acquired skills are always good, I know, just let me complain. :) I have no answers and toddler beds, at this point, don't solve the problem since the biggest challenge is to keep Baby A off Baby C (and vice versa) so all babies may sleep safe and sound.

Discovered quite accidentally, by the way, and not that this will help with the above problems, bind weed slows triplets down. Yes, bindweed. Take a peek at this quickie video of the boys stumbling, unhappily, through a disturbed field of bindweed.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Ok now that video is funny, is there any way you could replace a mattress with bindweed in their cribs??

Holly said...

The video is hysterical. Maybe you can find a way to plant that stuff in your house... you know, to slow them down some??? ha

Dianne said...

I am sorry Sira, Tsega & Bereket, but that was the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Cindy said...

That was a great video! As far as crib escape...sorry momma...

Pastor Tracy P-J said...

That is TOO CUTE!! I can't think of anything more fun than to watch ET triplets fall down and explore and climb...SO cute!!!

Tracy

LISA said...

I think they each need their own little sleeping "capsule"!!!

Kari said...

No ideas on the crib escaping, but that video was hilarious! Those boys are really growing (even if you don't see it momma).

bugg said...

Your boys are just too funny, they always make me smile.
As for crib hopping, you may have to really search to find them in big enough sizes, but the one-piece sleepers with drawstring bottoms will usually keep them from climbing out, as they can't lift just one leg at a time.
Good luck!