Jun 23, 2008

Days of June

I just realized June is big holiday month for us. In the early part of the month Jerry celebrates his birth. He is now ripe and ready at 43. Then there was Father's Day. Days for fathers and mothers get lost on us. Frankly, we find them rather dull and I spend weeks worrying that I will forget, yet again, to send my parents anything or the day will slip by and I won't remember to even call. Sorry mom and dad for all those days past that I failed to honor your status in my life. But let me say thank you to Bereket, Sira, and Tsega for entitling us with life roles as Mother and Father. Thank you. Those two holidays are really about honoring you, not us, until you leave home when it does become about us again.

June also marks summer solstice and here in Kansas fireflies, cicadas, amazing and terrifying storms, and green green prairies dominant our landscape for a couple more months. We have taken two trips down to our lovely root cellar already this month. Imagine me charging through the wind to that cellar with armfuls of diaper-only babies, one clinging to a chatter box telephone. Amusing.

We were lucky to find a whole and undamaged home after returning from the second. Three homes within a 1/2 mile of us were completely destroyed by a tornado that ripped along our road. It left our yard only savaged with tree limbs.

And of course, June commemorates African American freedom. Happy Juneteenth.

In late June we celebrate the triplets entry into life. The big one-plus-one. The terribly great twos times three. Happy Birthday my triplet sons (my triplet sons, wow, it never gets old) Tsega, Bereket, & Sira. I sadly noticed yesterday that only Sira still clings to a remnant of doey baby face. It's really gone from Bereket and Tsega. Sira, hang onto it a little while longer. Let your mouth hang open and the drool run free.

By-by babies. Really heard to say by-by. I've been dreading these moments of decaying babyhood. Recently I compiled every video posted on this blog into one hard copy. After watching in chronological order by date, I realized that yes, babies are cuter than toddlers. My god, my babies were ADOR-able! Yes, toddlers, including my own, are still so very cute. And wow, was Tsega ever fat! But what really grabbed me is how the videos got funnier and funnier from one to the next. The boys are so much fun and entertaining these days compared to those past easy lazy baby days.

Happy Birthday Triplets, what more can I say?

What better birthday gifts to give two year old triplets than a home spun swing set?

We added a big kid swing for me, little neighbors, or whoever stops by and needs a swing. We want to be the fun house, the place with "chaos and creation" where kids want to play. We'll slowly add more playground equipment as time passes and judging by the video I shot, a slide may be a good starter.

About the video below. . . Sira was the genius who came up with alternative usage of the choo choo wagon and of course after his first go-around, which I didn't even think his two brothers witnessed, everybody came running up for a turn on the slide.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Tell the boys happy birthday from Jacob Mitiku and me! It is hard to believe how big our children have gotten.

Mama Papaya said...

Oh where, oh where did our little babies go?

Happy birthday boys!

Nancy said...

I was thinking the same exact thing MP!

Cindy, I haven't checked in for awhile and where are the babies???

I wanted to send you this link (click on 10 in. AA - triplets): http://www.dollsbyeve.com/29696_77471.asp

Hope all is well at your end of life.

Cindy said...

Thanks Heather/Jacob, Papaya family and Nancy. Nancy, those dolls are too funny. I wanted to get the boys twin dolls and a toy double stroller for their bday, but then didn't. And Nancy, how sad, you only rarely pop in anymore (and can anyone tell me what happened to MAlia's mama? She never leaves comments anymore and I see her commenting everywhere else, I'm so jealous). I miss your blog Nancy, it was funny.

:)

Heather said...

I really enjoy your postings and videos... you boys are too cute! I crack up every time I watch one of the videos, especially the one simply titled "Trouble". My husband & I are wait listed for either one baby or twins. My grandma is a twin, she & her sister just turned 94 in May.

Thanks for the happy posts! Happy Birthday boys!

Heather said...

I blogged about the twins... here is the link:

http://2b3soon.blogspot.com/2008/05/birthday-wishes.html

FrogMom said...

Sounds like a fabulous June, Cindy! We have also spent several evenings in the basement -playng board games with the older girls and trying to distract the youngest so she doesn't destroy the board - but it sounds like you have had a much bigger adventure than we did. A few puddles in the basement was all we had to deal with.

Your house looks like so much fun! I love the homemade swing set and the pic of the boys in it. Funny enough, I had the exact same swing in my hands the other day, considering it as a birthday gift for my Sunshine who is also on the verge of two, but I want J to evaluate the integrity of the tree I have in mind before I commit.

Cindy said...

Get the swing froggy lady! :)


Heather, those twin grannies are awesome!

jayme said...

i am *loving* that swingset. when can we come play???

Amber said...

Hello Cindy,

Love these pics and Happy Birthday to Jerry and the boys. I am putting together a blog (inspired greatly by yours) and curious how you make your little videos so sweet and little with the red frame and music?

Have you seen Kathy's new little baby girl? She is so amazing! I get to be the nanny for 3 weeks soon.