Jan 30, 2009

Remember to Breathe



Too quiet always means: better get in there quick, something is up. One Wednesday morning, I could not keep up with the whirlwind of boys. Here's the quick run down:
* Lipstick smeared all over the bathroom
* Umpteen times the toilet plunger was found in a hand (one nameless child kissed it, and I'm not talking the handle end! I screamed!)
* Folded laundry dragged off the table
* Clothes dragged out of drawer
* Plate over turned at breakfast, flown across room (thought we were done with this!), 3 little boys snickering
* Gallon of milk opened and upturned onto floor
* Handfuls of rice stolen from counter top
* Countless apples and bananas grabbed from the kitchen, half eaten, squished, and discarded onto the floor.
I really must learn to stop placing things within reach. New rule for Tsega: no more Tsega hands (the grabbiest, fastest hands in the Great Plains) allowed to touch the counter tops--yeah, right.
* VHS tape with film pulled out and strung across house
* Three boys on top of diaper changing table with lids of various containers opened and tasted (aloe vera anti-itch gel is not bad for you, right?)

Need I go on? I feel like a pin ball sometimes. And yes, every door has been fitted with locks (don't worry, they can lock me out but there is always a way back in with our maze of doors) but sometimes the boys are so fast, split up (on purpose?), and outwit me. Of course it's way too easy to learn that a chair can get you into and on top of anything (notice the chair in above picture--of course a willing diaper change is always appreciated); including into a bottle of clariton located about 6 feet off the ground inside a latched cabinet. The 30 little white pills I found in Tsega's mouth on another day apparently all made it safely out and down the drain. Now I know for sure, I am one of those who do the wrong thing under crisis mode, although I did remember to call the doctor and poison control. Apparently if your baby is going to swallow pills, clariton is the way to go.

If I had three Siras and Berekets, maybe only one of the above things would have taken place. That's right, one beautiful Tsega Mega is plentiful. :)

19 comments:

a visual tinkle said...

Wuiet is bad with twins too!! I ran in once to also find lipstick everywhere, "yook, yipstick!!!"
YAY!

Cindy said...

That is quite a rundown. Lucky for them that they are cute!!

Christina said...

That um well I

Wow.

I am tired just reading about it. Shenanigans - so fun, so exhausting :).

Eastiopians said...

Dang. That is some list. ;)

the Melodious Mama said...

lol...oh,, I am laughing...sorry, Its just that, well, it seems your Tsega and my Mr. bop are in the "twins form another mother" category. oh, they sympathy..I never had to deal with 3 of the same age before. he is my number 2 of 4. I think we just have to child proof for the wildest of them and hope for the best. (and try to get a sanity break now and then) man, I remember running after his 2 year old energy while 9 months preggers with #3...wow, was I every in shape with that pregnancy! lol. Sometimes I wonder, am I crazy to want more? If its any consolation, he did chill out a bit (a little bit) now he's nearly 8 and seems to have gotten most of the crazy mischief out of his system. Although now its more like.."MAMA!!!" (screamed through bloody mouth and after calming him down and assuring him that he wasn't dying) he says "I built the coolest catapult!! but when I launched the rock it hit me in the face." (this the bloody mouth-teeth through lip-wince) within in seconds he's outside again, trying to perfect the catapult...launching only under supervision....I hope.

sorry for the epic comment...I can't help it :)

Heather said...

Ha! I laughed so hard. This is just what I needed on a Friday.

In consolation, at least only one of them kissed the plunger...(if that makes you feel better?)

Melissa said...

I have one busy three year old, but that cannot compare to three busy two year olds! Especially when they have learned to divide and conquer! Well, triple the joy, and triple the exasperation I guess! Thanks for the laugh! And the plunger? Yuck. I'd've screamed too.

Mark and Sarah said...

Whew! Remember to breathe is right! I think Tsega and my boys would have a lot of fun, I mean trouble, together. Think of all the memories they're making (for you to remember!) and stories you'll have to share later ;)

Kerry said...

I am running and running with twins. I cannot even begin to imagine having 3... i really cannot.. that is why you will forever and always be my hero!!!!!!!
I have plants in the house.... not a good idea.. not a good idea at all. and add some hotwheels to that and you have one giant nightmare.. and who thought it was a good idea to put ice makers on the outside of refrigerators? And why dont they put locks on dishwashers so kids cant crawl in them? oh cindy your my hero.. 3...
2 is just wearing this ol lady right out

Laura said...

You know your a mom when this post makes you laugh. You just have triple the fun

rebekah said...

Honey - you are just the most super mom ever. That is seriously the only thought I have after reading this post. Otherwise, I am speechless.

D said...

I had a reply all ready for you, but then I remembered how karma works.

So, instead I say, at least you're not bored.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!! I laugh, but I shouldn't! :) Miriam never thought of using a chair... took her brother to figure that one out!

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

i laughed so hard reading this blog! my little guy samuel decided that while i was changing his bro's diaper that he should dump all of the cinnomon and sugar all over the table and proceed to eat it with his spoon :) you have to love them...and yes I agree, too quiet for too long = trouble!

Lauren said...

That second photo made me smile... because I thought, "typical Tsega he's getting into something!" I hope ya'll are keeping warm out there in the homeland.

ts said...

ohhh boy. I have ONE two year old who keeps me running all day-and today she also was playing with the toilet plunger. I just found your blog and what an amazing story you guys have! Three little kids!!
Awesome.

Dianne said...

Looks like S & B are putting lotion on and bro T is helping them find some more. Too cute, but I need to go lay down and rest after reading this post!

Kari said...

LOL!!Wow,I thought you were a super mom before, but now I really do! Tsega Mega sounds like Makenna. They think of things to do that just make you wonder! Well, at least you know that there little brains are growing every second coming up with strategies like that!

Heza Hekele said...

I can so relate! Like the morning I awoke to the four-year-old cheering on the five-year-old for taking christmas ornaments off the tree and smashing them against the floor...

Good to see that you have a good attitude about the chaos!