Dec 14, 2009

Dad Fun etc

Don't let this post fool you, I'm the fun parent and I'm pretty sure face slapping was not happening, at least not by daddy (or papa, or whatever he's called).






BTW, this reminds me of a comment I recently received from a fellow mama who happens to also have adopted triplets from Ethiopia. Hey, everybody's doing it. She was wondering about sibling-sprung violence and general bad behavior originating out of the domino effect as it relates to multiples. You know, one kid hits or throws and gets punished while the other smiles and mimics the exact same deed despite the full awareness that punishment will follow. I can't really answer the bottom line questions on how to stop it or whether it ever stops, but I can assure her it's natural, biologically-derived triplet behavior. (Remember this old post? Watch the video, although don't judge, I was already chewed out by one humourless reader--God bless the humourless--and this was long ago . . . things are better these days but still not totally at peace). How do I know? Go on You Tube and start searching triplet videos. Channels are full of triplet brawls. And check out the preview for this upcoming movie: Babies. While those African dolls are not twins, I can sure relate! :) (And I love their homemade toys!) Peace out.

5 comments:

ts said...

That movie looks AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting that.

Cindy said...

I am excited for that movie.
Thanks for the chuckle over the old video. :)
and for the chuckle that Crazy gave me again.
Good stuff.

Josh, Amy, Olivia, Josiah, Girum, Tarikwa, and Taye said...

Thanks for responding! It's good to know, sometimes, that my world is not the only one rocked by this particular brand of crazy:) I hope you all have terrific holidays.

Samantha said...

Thank you for that (older) post, I hadn't read it and it explains exactly what is going on with our twins (17 months on Saturday).

Even though they are boy-girl siblings not boy-boy twins, the two at the beginning of the trailer could be ours!
Samantha
www.trahvinh-ottawa.blogspot.com

Mamato2 said...

Haven't been her ein forever- when did the 2 little baldies get all that HAIR??? LOL Still 3 uber handsome guys, no matter how well protected the head :)