Dec 29, 2009

12 Days of Christmas

Ewww, I just can't shake Christmas off, it was pretty spectacular this year celebrating with three threes. Except we are all asking for cookies like all the time suddenly. Like we just expect chocolate everyday.

Anyway, I was super jealous of one Super Mom's idea for the 12 Books of Christmas: 1 new book for baby each of the 12 days leading up to Christmas. She started this tradition on her first Mommy Christmas and every year I've thought, damn, that's a good idea, why didn't I think to do this? Then seemed everybody was doing it. Trend setter!

Rant: OK, she is really starting to bug me . . . I mean fresh local vegetables and fruit always on big display (and her kids actually eat it!), organic this or the other whooped into delicious platters, home spun stocking stuffers, well adjusted children, you know, one of those mindful mamas. Sickening. (Hug, kiss, love you!)

But Jerry and I thought of a great new tradition of our very own beginning December 2010. Every day for 12 days until Christmas Day, we will break out a bottle of wine, one we've never tried before. That's 12 bottles in 12 days. Easy and special and meaningful seeing how we also celebrate our wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve. Feel free to steal my idea (I'll remind all next year) and I promise to blog about each day!

10 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

haha...love it! I think you might just set the next 12 days trend.

M and M said...

The basement clean-up thingie with the homemade swings is what put me over the edge....pretty sure we could join you on the 12 bottle adventure; and each bottle would be less than $10 for us.

gigglechirp said...

happy to follow your lead on the 12 days of wine!

Corinne said...

Totally on board with 12 bottles in 12 days....awesome and very festive! (I love the supermom blog, she's amazing!)

Life in the Bend said...

Fabulous idea!

Robbin Hopkins said...

I agree 12 days of wine!!!!! I love it!!! And yes I too am jealous of that "other" mom. She is doing a great job of starting traditions with her girls!!!! I better get on the ball. I did ONE book.... lol

Jennifer said...

I'm on board with you and I'm not even a wine drinker! Love the idea! We will be very MELLOW mamas and that is just as important as being mindful.

D said...

Why wait for December?

Mama Papaya said...

;) Love it. I think signing on for this one may save me from myself. Of course 1 per day for 12 days for 1 person may not constitute saving.

Will be joining in, but may need to modify slightly, like by half, for the lack of a second adult or a properly Cougar conditioned liver.

Heidi said...

Love this!

I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before. We are another adoptive family - just received our referral for beautiful 28 month old TWIN BOYS!!! Just wanted to say Happy New Year from one Ethipian multiples family to another. I will be following your journey a lot closer in the future!!